This policy explains in detail how we collect and use your information. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By visiting our website and agreeing to this policy, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
This an overview of:
- the legal bases we rely on
- the types of information we collect about you
- how we collect and use it
- who we might share it with
- the steps we’ll take to make sure it stays private and secure
- your rights to your information.
By visiting our website and agreeing to this policy, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. We hope the following sections will answer any questions you have but if not, please do get in touch with us.
The legal bases we reply on
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent. For example when you enquire about or instruct to us to carry out a specific service we offer.
When collecting your personal data, we’ll always make clear to you which data is necessary in connection with a particular service.
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations. For example, if you order an item from us for delivery, we’ll collect your address details to deliver your purchase, and pass them to our courier.
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. For example we will use your address details to send you direct marketing information by post, telling you about products and services that we think might interest you.
We will also use your usage data to enable us to analyse the use of our website and services we provide.
Information we collect from you and how we use this
We will collect and process the following categories of data about you:
Information you give us
This is information about you that you provide by filling in forms on the website sign up to our email notifications or newsletter service, interacting with our website and social media platforms, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide in the course of the use of our products and/or services to you and the payment for those services.
We may also process your personal data where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
The information you give us will include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, as well as information about your business. We’ll only collect your information in line with relevant regulations and law and this may relate to any of our services you apply for, currently use or have held in the past.
Please let us know if the information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Information we collect about you
Our website uses Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use our website. Data that is collected includes your geographical location, IP address, length of visit, page views, navigation pathways.
How we use your information
All information about you that we collect or receive, whether of a personal or technical nature, may be used by us in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, system and security updates, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To provide you with information about other goods and services that we offer that are similar or relevant to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, such contact will only be made by email or phone from which you can opt out at any time.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To comply with our record keeping and information storage obligations and policy (please see the “Where We Store and secure Your Personal Data” section for more details
Who we share your information with
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties such as:
- Suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any service/contract we enter into with them or you, including but not limited to printers, merchandising companies, photographers, signage companies and delivery couriers.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the site.
- IT companies who support our website and other business systems and services, such as, but not limited to project management tools, accounting systems and hosting data centre
This is the policy we apply to those organisations to keep your data safe and protect your privacy:
- We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
- They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them.
- We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
- If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our clients will be one of the transferred assets.
- To protect our rights, property or safety, or those of our clients or others.
- To our insurers and legal advisers for the purposes of obtaining and maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice and managing legal disputes.
How we secure and store your personal data
We know how much data security matters. With this in mind we will take appropriate steps to protect your information and prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of it.
All information that you provide to us is stored on our, or our selected business partners’, secure servers, and we will take reasonable steps to protect your information in accordance with this policy, including (without limitation):
- Installing a secure firewall
- Using anti-virus protection software
- Encrypting data
- Carrying out regular back-ups
All data sent via website forms is passed through a third party relay service and deleted after 30 days.
Unfortunately, the transmission of unencrypted or inadequately encrypted information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted over the Internet and any such transmission is at your own risk.
How long will we keep your personal information?
Whenever we collect or process your personal information, we will only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. When you make an enquiry or commission our services we will keep the personal data you gave us for a period of 5 years from initial contact. However the period of retention will be determined based on whether you continue to reply upon or use our services. At the end of this period your data will be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
What are your rights?
You have a number of rights relating to your information:
- To be informed about the collection and use of your personal information
- To access/see the personal data we hold about you.
- To ask us to update any inaccurate or incomplete information.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing activity, through all channels, or selected channels.
- The right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent of the use of your personal data.
- To ask us to share it with another party.
Where we rely on our legitimate interest
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
Exercising your rights
Should you wish to exercise any of these rights, you may do so at any time by writing to us. In some cases, we are permitted to charge a small fee of no more than £10 in respect of our administrative costs.
Checking your identity
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
Third Party Websites
Our website contains links to, and details of, third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies and practise of third parties.
Contacting the Regulator
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. (ICO)
You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113.
Or go online to www.ico.org.uk/concerns
This website is owned and operated by: Edradynate Ltd
Company registration number: 0354304
Registered office: Shalden Park Steading, Shalden, Alton, Hampshire, GU34 4DS
Principal place of business: Shalden Park Steading, Shalden, Alton, Hampshire, GU34 4DS
Nominated data controller: Sarah Kirby
Data protection officer: Sarah Kirby
We can be contacted as follows:
- By telephone on +44 (0)1256 381 821
- By email email@example.com
- By post using the address above